1. I went to school in some very real sense at each of the following institutions: Happy Howards Nursery School, a kindergarten in London, Mount Carmel Elementary School in Abbeville, Louisiana and St. Hilda and St. Hugh Episcopal Day School in Manhattan. I also attended Tonga Side School and the Lord’s School in Our Lady’s Youth Center before returning to MCES. I attended the Instituto de Estudios America Latina in Cuernavaca, Viard College in Porirua, Scripture Ventures and the East Asian Pastoral Intitute. I completed the Lay Evangelists course for the Diocese of Lafayette. I count my brief participation in a short Introduction to Visayan Seminar at Bukidnon State College. I have a B.A. from USL, now the University of Louisiana where I was the Alumni Association Outstanding Graduate for my commencement. I attended the Franciscan university of Steubenville where I won the Sophomore Class Award ( they used to award one to a male and one to a female but both called “the award” of Sophomore Class Award) I completed the Catechist Certification Course for the Diocese of Lafayette. I have an M.A. from Louisiana State University. I twice enrolled at Tulane Law School. I completed a course at the Insurance Training School of Louisiana. I have also attended many lectures and seminars not part of the schooling listed above.
2. I have three sisters Sarah, Mary and Susanna.
3. I have three full brothers Joseph, John Paul and Simon.
4. I have a deceased special situation half-brother named Paul.
5. I have in my life fired 12 gauge, 16 gauge, 20 gauge, and 4-10 shotguns. I have fired 45 caliber, nine milimeter, 22 caliber and several other pistols. I have also fired M-16, AR-14, Kalashnikov and other automatic and semi-automatic weapon. In addition I have fired a reasonable number of rounds in sporting and hunting rifles.
6. I have been interviewed for television in the USA, China, Mexico and the Philippines.
7. I have suffered the loss to death or displacement of animals I cared about including: horses, dogs, cats, goldfish, turtles, a rabbit, a hornbill bird and poultry.
8. I have hunted and killed ducks, geese, deer, rabbits, racoons, aligators, wild pig, snakes and other game.
9. I have been on the water in foot-powered paddle wheelers, canoes, pirogues, rafts, catamarans, outrigger canoes, steam-powered paddle wheelers, the QE2, the France and other ships as well as many small skiffs, sailboats and rafts.
10. I have set foot on Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Australia and many islands.
11. I have never set foot on Africa or Antartica.
12. I have ridden motorcycles quite a bit but never had a license.
13. I have driven cars only in North America and on some islands.
14. I was confirmed a Roman Catholic at the hands of a Cardinal of our Church.
15. I was baptized, received my First Communion and was wed at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church.
16. I have caught over a dozen species of fish.
17. I spent a lot of time observing and studying bats (the animal) long ago.
18. I have bought meals for more women or girls than I have held hands with, held hands with more than I have kissed, kissed more than I have cuddled with and the lines continue in that direection.
19. I have enjoyed gambling in the form of poker, blackjack, lottery, slots, pool, darts and many other games. Most weeks I do not gamble at all.
20. I have been in love with more than one woman at a time more than once.
21. I have traveled to and from the USA to China and the the USA to the Philippines alone.
22. I have been bitten by a poisonous snake, horses, dogs, cats, angry men and curious babies.
23. I have been stung by wasps, centipedes. bees, hornets, jellifish, spiders and exotic fish.
24. I have at least spent the night and a day in New Orleans, Mexico City, New York, Tijuana, Los Angeles, Beijing, Hong Kong,Yantai, Manila, Bogota, London, Paris, Rome, San Francisco, Monterrey, San Diego, Montreal and many other big cities but think of myself as mostly a small town and countryside guy.
25. I have owned over one hundred knives besides kitchen knives.
26. I am an FCC licensed radiotelephone operator.
27. In my life time I have at least participated to some degree in basketball, football, soccer, rugby, swimmin, water polo, sailing, boating of many kinds, horseback riding, snow skiing, karate, Tae Kwan Do, Kung Fu, canoeing, fishing, hiking, cycling, weight lifting, calisthenics, putt-putt golf, bowling, horseshoes and ping pong.
28. I have never played a single game of golf.
29. I smoked tobacco in cigars, cigarettes and pipes.
30. I have fasted on water only for more than nine days several times.
31. I have stayed awake for more than 48 hours continuously.
32. I have driven a car over 115 miles an hour several times.
33. I have fought more than thee opponents at the same time more than a few times.
34. I have read over 1,000 books.
35. I have read the Bible in its entirety several times.
36. I have spoken to groups more than a thousand times.
37. I have been to more funerals than weddings.
38. I do not think most people are very good. I do think that the humanity all people share has great goodness in it.
39. I have had my appendix removed.
40. I have not had my tonsils removed.
41. I really like trains and have ridden many.
42. I consider Philip Norton, Baron of Louth a friend although we have never met or spoken and our correspondence has been topical rather than personal — and even though I do not feel it fair to him to call him a friend under such limits.
43. I have quite few regrets in my life.
44. I have never dyed my hair with a permanent dye.
45. I have visited quite a few prisons.
46. I drove a “hot-shot” truck service at one time.
47. I have published writing on football, baseball, soccer, drag racing, basketball and other sports.
48. I watched the second tower get hit on TV live on 9-11.
49. I have toured the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven in Beijing. I also toured Penglai and other ancient sites.
50. I love US National Parks.