Here are some facts of the week for ye few, ye proud, ye readers:
1. I won Lord Norton’s Lords of the Blog Quiz: http://lordsoftheblog.net/2009/10/17/quiz-questions-7/
2. It was an unusual weekend for me as neither the LSU Tigers nor the UL-L Cajuns formed any significant part of my Saturday football watching or analysis.
3. The UL-L Team BeauSoleil added a second win to its first place in Market Viability at the Solar Decathlon. The team also took the People’s Choice Award. Go Cajuns!
4. The Saints rolled over the previously undefeated New York Giants. Go Saints!
5. NASA (so far as I can see) has still released nothing from the impactor results of the LCROSS mission. Does this mean that the moon is really made of Green Cheese as my babysitter used to tell me and they are unable to admit it?
6. Obama’s visit to New Orleans was very brief.
7. I am on Twitter: http://twitter.com/FrankW64Summers
8. If the World Series is going to be an LA freeway series I will be surprised. On the other hand what baseball city would not be pleased to get this close.
9. My brothers and brother in law (and some other people without the good taste to be my relatives) have come out with a CD I believe is titled “The Ananias Project”. I have not heard it but I know all of them have made beautiful music and I have enjoyed it. One of the best guitar riffs I ever heard was two of them playing together. I wish them well. You can order here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ananiasproject I hope that I did not promise WordPress not to publish commercial links, I did not really read the contract I do not think.
10. Autumn has reached me! Alleluia!
11. A note: round up, round-up and roundup are all used as the term for gathering cattle for a drive in the United States. This term is then applied to police blotter stories in journalism, music countdowns, and some kinds of catalogs. There are magazines, a herbicide and other entities which use one of these three variant forms capitalized as all or part of their proper name. This blog post is a blogging round-up.