Although named Inauguration Day, this is a post for before the Inauguration Day. Once it happens I will have some comments on it as well. But it appears that it will happen and that this blog which has commented on the Barack Hussein Obama Administration many times will now survive to comment on the Donald J. Trump Administration as well. I may sometimes tellingly cal him Donald John Trump. His Wikipedia page is available here. Tomorrow is the day he will take office and here is a link to his announced leadership activity related to the Inauguration. One has to wonder what a difference a day can make… We shall soon see.
The Inauguration Day schedule is variously reported here, here and here. All are close enough to one another — there will be a lot of media covering the events. The last of the three links in that first sentence is to an official U.S. Government site. I suppose that makes it more official than the others. President Obama has transitioned from an electronic presence at the White House website to a presence at this link for the emerging Obama Foundation.
President-Elect Donald Trump’s recent Tweets include:
- the American people. I have no doubt that we will, together, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
- Getting ready to leave for Washington, D.C. The journey begins and I will be working and fighting very hard to make it a great journey for..
- “It wasn’t Donald Trump that divided this country, this country has been divided for a long time!” Stated today by Reverend Franklin Graham.
- Thank you to our amazing Wounded Warriors for their service. It was an honor to be with them tonight in D.C.
#Heroes https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10158502102660725:0 …
- Looking forward to a speedy recovery for George and Barbara Bush, both hospitalized. Thank you for your wonderful letter!
- Writing my inaugural address at the Winter White House, Mar-a-Lago, three weeks ago. Looking forward to Friday.
The process is ongoing as the Union prepares for a change. One of the blogs on which I have been a commenter since its inception is The Norton View. It has a post here about the Inauguration by the sole posting contributor (up to now) Philip Lord Norton of Louth. That post, on which I have some comments, appears here.
I am aware of the constitutional and other large issues involved in this process but also aware that my own personal causes of frustration with the Federal government need a post of their own. But that can wait till after tomorrow.