This blog has over ninety pages of content at the time I registered the domain myself in 2014 after posting and working here for years, many of these pages are equivalent to many printed pages. I since then have been confronted with a higher level of premium that I have not accepted.
One of my concerns in this blog has been the overall set of issues related to intellectual honesty, transparency and also the need to provide access to sources. I will return to the issue of textual sources below but here I have another set of issues that relate to images to discuss first. The blog also has well over 650 posts, some are many pages long and some are brief. In this blog I reveal myself and my background and ideas and also deal with a variety of topical and current events. Many of the posts have images. Most of those are photographs I took or directed others to take. Some are from defunct source contracts and contacts I acquired. Some are from sources made into new art pieces by me. Starting on November 10, 2014 I have used Microsoft Office as a source of Royalty free clip art as well.
There are various features and functions by WordPress or others to help you figure out what is available here and to find what you would like to read or view. One part of the blog which you may find useful is the "Glossary of Terms Casually Defined" which can be found in the list of pages in the side column or by hovering your cursor over the "Acadian Forum Archive" in the list of words around and in the Header. Once the first glossary page drops down then hover over earlier glossary pages to unlock later ones. along with my blogroll there are many other embedded links in my post and these provide some insight into secondary sources that I have been reading, in addition any picture of me with someone or record of a formal meeting with a person will allow the reader to conjecture some sort of communication. But this is only a small approximation of scholarly notation. Assume that I pay dues when I can to the Catholic Church, every University I have attended and the Wikipedia and consult their online resources. Also assume that I consult the CIA World Factbook. Beyond that hope for the best. This is a publication on the edge by a person on the edge in many ways and does not reflect the careful annotation of a different medium.
There is an activist element in this blog which is extension of activity, prayer, evolution and planning in the rest of my own life and thought. You will find ideas such as Physical Geometry, my model constitutions and some other ideas and words I care about in the "Major Themes of this Blog" section of pages in the Header. So far some things like early chapters of my online novel are only available in posts and you can find these in the search function or the category cloud.
I am Frank Wynerth Summers III, There have been many other outlets for me to communicate with the world in the past but not so much lately. There is a cluster of links in the blogroll which you may find helpful in reaching the connections in which I live and I have a couple of pages of links and links in posts you may find over time. You can find out more about me in pages revealed when you over over my name in the header section or in those same pages as listed in the side column. Feel free to comment, only a very small percentage of people commented in the first four and a half years so I am usually able to respond to those who do in relatively timely fashion. This blog began on August 18, 2009.
Search this blog
Home sweet WordPress…
Born 1964 Frank Wynerth Summers III
Topics and Themes1 Abbeville Abbeville FIlm and Visitors Commission Acadians Anglo-Acadians Arts Audobon Society blogs BP - British Petroleum BP Chairman Svanberg Christianity College Football Crater Cap Colonies documentary film Environment family Family Missions Conpany France Frank W. Summers Frank W. Summers III's family Geopolitics Gulf of Mexico Healthcare Jesus Christ Judaism Ken Feinberg Louisiana Louisiana writers & Literature media Mexico Moon movies Oil & Gas Industry Personal Philosophy and Moral Economics race Roman Catholicism Royalty and Empire Russia Secrets Sex United Nations United States Armed Forces United States of America USA--UK Relationship Vermilion Parish War Western civilization Wetlands White House
The pages of this bog
- Acadian Forum Archive
- Emerging Views: Links to pdf documents
- Frank Wynerth Summers III, a.k.a. Frank “Beau” Summers
- Autobiography for my Early Years
- Autobiography Tonga to New Zealand
- Autobiography the Philippines to Steubenville
- Making Sense of Race in America & Elsewhere
- Autobiography Duson to Divorce
- Autobiography Abbeville, Big Woods and China
- Autobiography Storms, Aftermath, Recent Past & the Future
- Images of Documents Related to my Life, Page One
- Buildings That Have Mattered To Me Page One
- Buildings That Have Mattered To Me Page Two
- My Course of Life in Studies
- Photographs First Set with my Ex Wife
- Photographs Outside Louisiana
- Photographs in Vermilion Parish
- Louisiana Photographs Outside Vermilion Parish
- Photographs related to Louisiana: Miscellaneous
- Images: Family Album Page One
- Major Themes of This Blog
- New Model Constitution of the United States of America
- New Model of the Constitution of the United States Page Two
- New Model Constitution of the United States Page Three
- New Model Constitution of the United States Page Four
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part One
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana Part Two
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana Part Three
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana Part Four
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana Part five
- Model Constitution for the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part Six
- Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part Seven
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part 8
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part Nine
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana: Part Ten
- Model Constitution of the Kingdom of the State of Louisiana : Part Twelve
- Constitutional Reforms and My Politics
- Context and Transformation
- Obama’s Speech at the United Nations: Historic Milestone
- The Web Helm
- Polls about You and Big Future Policy
- Physical Geometry: Note 1 Terms
- Physical Geometry Overview
- Physical Geometry: Note Two General Principles, Operations and Relations
- Physical Geometry: Note Three Change Principles Governing Mutation, Persisitence, Autonomy and Derivation
- Physical Geometry Note 4: Fractal Presumptions
- Physical Geometry: Note 5 Efficiency
- Physical Geometry: Note 6 Subordinate Sets
- Physical Geometry: Note 7 Common Matter
- Physical Geometry: Note 8 Critcality
- Physical Geometry: Note 9 Archives and Simulations The science for the future
- Physical Geometry: Note 10 The Final Note of this Facebook Profile’s Introductory Series, Overview of Implications
- Radical Constitutional Change in America
- New Model Constitution of the United States of America
- Space Drawings
Perspectives, Points of View & Topics
Where can I read about____________?
My Identity Icon at WordPress ”Gravatar”
- Obituary for Terry Boudreaux at David Funeral Home of Erath davidfuneralhome.org/obituary/terry…happened 10 months ago
- We’ll both get $150 when you join @albertapp - just set up direct deposit and use your debit card. Join with my lin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…happened 10 months ago
- My novels on Kindle Vella franksummers3ba.wordpress.com/2022/02/05/my-…happened 1 year ago
- Check out this story with Kindle Vella: Culkathadreil: Life and Time of the Prophet King by Frank Summers amazon.com/kindle-vella/s…happened 1 year ago
- Taxes and the Common Good franksummers3ba.wordpress.com/2022/01/25/tax…happened 1 year ago
Outside the keyboard in Kunyu, Shandong, China
Covering Trump, How Tweet it Is….
The climate of the media is not what it used to be. It’s also not what it is going to be. It is something that changes over time. The truth of my own relative alienation that endured throughout the Obama Administration is only one part of the picture. The long term collapse of many aspects and portions of the landscape of media has also coincided with the rise or other media entities. Where will Americans become informed in the future. I operate almost entirely in the blogosphere and on social media these days and in recent years. I find myself subject to the vagaries of a new set of media pressures than in my limited but lengthy career as a print journalist. For example, one of the elements of intellectual honesty in my current arrangements is the annual statistical report from Word Press. That appears not to be going out any more. When something like that goes missing one realizes how many things one does not have. How few are the elements of rigor and transparency in this wild and wide open world of communications untroubled by meetings with publishers or editors.
I have moved far beyond the levels of alienation from the core of media involvement which once shaped my view of things and of the media which covers things in this society and around the world. It is not easy to say where this Presidency will bring relationships between the White House and the media. Trump has on more than one occasion complained of unproductive and unfair media interactions of various kinds. There have been any number of efforts over time to measure the way in which Donald Trump has been covered by the media and to evaluate how worthwhile and professional and otherwise good media coverage has been regarding the now President-Elect. The respectable mainstream media has made a real effort to cover Donald trump as he sought to convey his message through new media.
But the Twitter world is the center of all of these discussions and interactions. Here are some points in the current Trump Twittosphere:
There are others as well. But the real and most significant source for Trump’s opinions and comments prior to the election is to be found at one particular Twitter account:
Trump tweets pictures, links, retweets and quotes but composes a lot of original Tweets as well. Trump is a remarkably successful man, a billionaire, the President-Elect of the United States, a graduate of several of our society’s most elite academic institutions. He has roots in a particular and particularly influential State, city and region of this Union. He has business ties all around the world. But for many in the communication elite he has been (and perhaps still is) primarily a somewhat ridiculous figure. It is hard to say how long such a position can be widely held. One wonders how long a more critical view of Obama’s agitation to undermine the legitimacy of the election can be ignored or not presented in related stories. The Presidential Inauguration is scheduled for January 20, about two weeks from now. Until then it is not certain that this transition is coming off without another major hitch.
In terms of media coverage, Roger Ailes, Megyn Kelly and Gretchen Carlson have all left Fox News — the prime vehicle for right of center media coverage in this country today. The network is bound to evolve. Ailes, it is suggested, will advise Trump in some way as he lives down some history of misconduct in sexual advances toward the many attractive women at Fox . Gretchen Carlson hopes to make a difference in charting the course of dealing with sexual harassment allegations. But the biggest news is that Megyn Kelly is moving to NBC.
This week Katie Couric has been filling in for Samantha Guthrie with her old partner Matt Lauer on Today. Samantha Guthrie (no actually it is Savannah but that names and the long hair and the new baby and the fact that she recently wrote an article for the Guideposts magazine founded by Trump’s former pastor Noeman Vincent Peale — seems way too traditional) Savannah then is on maternity leave. The credibility she will bring to a more conservative political view point is clear in the family that includes the left-leaning MSNBC. The question of how well she will make a home at NBC-Universal and NBC News is a question not yet answered. Perhaps there are clues in her recent past. She got a haircut that made her acceptable to NBC. The long-haired Megyn Kelly would not have made it — although it is OK for Savannah Guthrie. She also has the advantage of spelling her name with a y, which undermines overly traditional points of view. Any real conservative has to stop and check that at least the first two times he or she types the name. More progressive types are happy to see the liberation from orthography. Also she came out about Ailes a few decades later than some would say was right but she did speak about it, That could all be relevant OR ….
NBC Universal is consolidating its position for what it sees as a protracted struggle with the Trump communications apparatus. I wonder which? Megyn Kelly is one who has survived a duel with Trump fairly well. NBC is wisely shoring up its own dueling position. Although she may do less hard news than before. She seems to hope to have more time for family.
I don’t dislike NBC or Megyn Kelly. However, I think this is just the most obvious of a series of moves of this type around the media world. I have not got the time or resources to illustrate that claim with other such moves just now. But there will be such moves.
For now I am watching from a familiar place. It will be interesting to see if my own position changes much over time.