Here is a list of observations and factoids related to the BP oil leak as of right now. This is kind of quick and slap dash but here they are for your consideration:
1. Depending how you measure the same coastline can be measure as 1,000 miles long or 500,ooo miles long. However, at least 500 miles of Gulf of Mexico coastline have been at least partly oiled.
2. At least 3,500 wild animals have been documented as killed by the oil leak.
3. Eleven men lost their lives in the initial explosion and at least two others have died in related post explosion events.
4. Rescued animals have still been lost to local areas in order to save their lives.
5. Many thousands of fishermen, shrimpers, oyster farmers, crabbers and sports guides have lost work.
6. Many seaside hotels and resorts have lost business.
7. Seafood processors, brokers, shippers and restaurants have lost business.
8. Suppliers of sport fishing and hospitality and travel industries have lost business.
9. The oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico has lost money due to the moratorium and have caused workers to lose paychecks.
10. Pollution assessment and clean-up are still not completely designed and defined for completion.
11. There are some good effects of all this tough questioning and thinking going on that are hard to assess just yet.
12. My blog is back to normal almost.