1. The New Orleans Saints are 7-0 which ties their best start ever behind Bobby Hebert, the Cajun Cannon in 1991. The Monday Night Football victory over Atlanta was very exciting. I think Atlanta is a better team in many ways than their finished product shows right now — the parts have not yet clicked into the right whole.
2. The New York Yankees won their 27th World Series title last night. The Yanks are back on top. It was an entertaining and well played series overall.
3. LSU crushed Tulane and now plays Alabama. What does any of it mean in the BCS picture? Will Oregon be in th Rose Bowl and continue a journey towards being a permanent contender? Is UL still a contender for the Sunbelt Championship? College football is still a very indefinite situation, lots of question marks belong here.
4.The relics of St. Mary Magdalene visited our area and I visited them at the Chapel at St. Mary Magdalene Church in Abbeville where I was baptised, made my First Communion and was wed. There was a long line visiting the relics.
5. To follow up on a post on Anglican and Catholic Relations that appeared as part of an earlier round-up go to this site: http://lordsoftheblog.net/2009/11/04/letter-published-in-the-catholic-herald-during-last-week-of-october/
6. The Republicans won the governors races in New Jersey and Virginia and Maine repealed the same-sex-marriage laws by popular referendum. It seems that Obamania has died down since President Obama campaigned for both defeated gubernatorial candidates.
7. Police negligence stories are really being reported for the first time in my life. The house of horrors with eleven bodies is on the news, Jaycee Dugar enslaved in a backyard in a neighborhood, he testimony by Elizabeth Smart recently, the eight prostitutes or “high risk lifestyle” women killed in a parish here in Acadiana, the millions of illegal aliens, the ACORN corruption and other stories are showing what our political system as it operates does to mundane duties like policing.
8.The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall his consort have been visiting Canada recently and I believe they are still there. He impresses me as an engaged and relevant man.
9. I lost the most recent Parliament Quiz and have only won once out of four attempts.
10. Sarah, Kevin, Alyse, Anika and Soren are still on their trip around the eastern USA.
11. My mother’s birthday is November 13. If you know her it is time to get a card in the mail if you live far away.
Has anybody thought deeply about the consequences of another illegal immigrant amnesty? Let’s forget for the moment that suddenly 20 to 30 million people are going to be legalized? That Sanctuary states like California, New Mexico have been financially ridden hard into the ground, because illegal workers and their families are feeding at a gold mine at the taxpayer expense. Let’s not mention that since the 1986 Simpson/Mazzoli bill, those made legal, was able to bring into the United States their extended family members. That although they signed an affidavit to support those, many ended up at the taxpayer’s expense. So let’s ignore the expenditures to educate, free health care treatment and all the rest of hidden costs of subsidizing a large portion of the US population. The fact that the businesses that draw them here, from every corner of the world–PAYS NOTHING TOWARDS THEIR UPKEEP. IT’S FREE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES FOR PARIAH BUSINESS, BETTER KNOWN AS CORPORATE WELFARE? Every one of the Democratic leadership have used their influence to weaken E-Verify, county police fed program 287 (g) and ICE raids on businesses.
So president Obama bypasses the masses the hard pressed American, who have entreated him–NO BLANKET AMNESTY! No path to citizenship! So the millions already here get a free ride to your pensions, social security, public option health care welfare. Who in the world is going to pay for all these legalized individual, followed by the onslaught of millions more looking for free health care? NOW HERE COMES THE FIRESTORM! Have we taken leave of our senses, to think for one moment that another amnesty which is in the works? That a single layer fence is going to hold back millions upon millions more people will–COME? This will not be small meandering lines of illegal aliens, crossing the border during the hours of darkness? This is going to be an unimaginably rush at a defenseless 9.000 border patrol agents, that is–Expected?–to hold at bay those who reach our border? Not even the National Guard and regular GI’s could stop the wave upon wave? They will sweep in from El-Salvador, Columbia, Guatemala, Peru, Chile and of course Mexico. They will arrive from Canada, Ireland, Poland and Romania by plane clutching a tourist visa.
Every corner of the world will hear the resounding trumpet call of Osama’s AMNESTY. Chinese immigrants with tourist visas will fly into Mexico City and perhaps terrorists smuggled in by M 13 gang members? Not just the poor, but the sick, mentally handicapped along with criminals, absconding from the arm of the law across this planet. NOW THE MOST URGENT QUESTION IS? WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL THIS? We are already swallowing the massive funding for Iraq and Afghanistan. We cannot even find jobs for hapless 15 million American workers, who (if true) are joining day-laborers at Home Depot, Walmart, and Lowe’s parking lots? So who is going to house, feed and pay-out–more strained US taxpayer money? Perhaps we should send families of illegal aliens to squat in Sen. Harry Reid’s gated home in Nevada. Send another crowd to live in House Speakers Nancy Pelosi’s grape plantations in Central California. How about Chuck Schumer, HS Chief Janet Napolitano, Joe Biden, Diane Feinstein, Gil Cedillo leaving their house key under the mat, for some large family from Indonesia, India to find?
Let’s give them free bus fare to each and every politician with a lousy immigration grading, such as Representative Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) or the whole Sacramento Liberal Marxist assembly, who have sold bona-fide legal Angelino’s into state insolvency? Why not have them live-in at every ACLU office and their communist lawyers so they could feed them. Every pro-illegal immigrant Chamber of Commerce member could open a spare room and settle some family members, until more brothers and sisters could be sponsored and join them. The Catholic Church and other religious groups could welcome them at the church doors and distribute money from the plate? The minority of Evangelicals churches could open up the rectory, accommodating hundreds of cots from the tired and poverty stricken. All the anti-sovereignty lawmakers should have plenty of room in their Virginia mansions, their custom ranches for large numbers of impoverished families. Even the President has that large White structure–could exhibit some kindness to homeless families and FEMA could establish a tent city in the grounds? Any of the House and Senate who compromised illegal immigration enforcement, should announce their address for resettlement of people who just run the gauntlet at the under funded border fence.
Let’s face it these people who call us names such as xenophobes bigots and worse, adding ugly cuss words to their vocabulary should also open their doors to anybody who enters America illegally. Microsoft multi-billionaire Bill Gates and the thousands of businesses that don’t incur a darn cent should bring these family members together in their giant homes. Corporate owners who have colluded with State governors, Mayors, Judges and other lower echelon officials, should participate with a welcome mat. Perhaps American workers should obtain a hard copy list of every unpatriotic American and give illegal matriarch a page of addresses for their extended illegal families? We have San Francisco’s mayor Galvin Newsom and Los Angeles Antonio R.Villaraigosa and all the other–SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES who have completely ignore federal laws, can also give refuge in their abodes to incorrigible
gang members who have killed without conscience, illiterate drunk laborers who have slaughtered families on our streets, because they could comprehend English warning signs.
Then just picture the traffic chaos in every corner of America, unless you live in an isolated ranch in the Mohave Desert, in California. We think we have road rage now, but give it a few weeks after unfettered AMNESTY. I even have a better idea. Open America’s doors completely? No Ellis Island, Galveston Island. No documents, no inspections. NO NOTHING. Give everybody a bus ticket of their choosing, to where they wish to go? See how long the open border zealots put up with that progressive rush to overpopulation. IF you have changes of heart give a tongue-lashing to your legislators at 202-224-3121 in Washington. Learn the financial services in billions of dollars to foreign nationals at NUMBERSUSA,. Hidden corruption that has finally been uncovered, at JUDICIAL WATCH? What the US Census has to say about the POPULATION GROWTH in the future of our children at CAPSWEB? Our population will escalate from 255 million to 383 million by the year to 2050? The next 100 million will suffocate our ability to maintain water, energy, food, communication, infrastructure and a balanced environment.
I listed the presence of millions of illegal aliens as a sign that we have problems with policing in this country. In fact, we do have such a problem. However, I want to make my own opinion clear on a few of these situations.
AT BASE, LAW IS IMPORTANT:
We are a complicated society which has a need to be a society of laws and the large undocumented population undermines the rule of law. The resentments and confusions do occur and an example of this may be: ” We have San Francisco’s mayor Galvin Newsom and Los Angeles Antonio R.Villaraigosa and all the other–SANCTUARY CITIES AND STATES who have completely ignore federal laws, can also give refuge in their abodes to incorrigible gang members who have killed without conscience, illiterate drunk laborers who have slaughtered families on our streets, because they could comprehend English warning signs.” I think there is a great deal of violent crime in the whole world and do not think that aliens are a major driving factor but I do think they contribute a great deal to impair police effectiveness although the police do not see the connection.
Beyond the mere issue of ilegality it gets more complex:
1. Undocumented aliens fill many niches in our economy and do useful work and are human beings who have a need to support themselves and we have a need to work with our neighbors from whom the majority of this country’s illegal aliens have long come.
2. The illegal aliens pay into medicare, social security and other FICA supported programs and also pay taxes and are recipients of inferior benefits from the governement or none at all and so therefore they subsidize nad support our economy.
3. It is natural that politicians and statesmen of different views will feel strongly about the situation and will do things that drive others to rage and distraction. That is because a complex society is meant to operate in a large degree under the rule of law and the illegal alien problem undermines the rule of law and the stability of the culture but that is not because most illegal aliens are bad people or do not contribute much to our society.
4. Aliens do support our infrastructure in many ways. However, there are valid concerns in what you say: “Hidden corruption that has finally been uncovered, at JUDICIAL WATCH? What the US Census has to say about the POPULATION GROWTH in the future of our children at CAPSWEB? Our population will escalate from 255 million to 383 million by the year to 2050? The next 100 million will suffocate our ability to maintain water, energy, food, communication, infrastructure and a balanced environment.” The point is that we must be a real country with a real government and we are daily drifting farther from that place instead of getting it done.
ACTIONS I FAVOR ARE:
1. Federal, State and local funding to create a system of nature reserves, international historical parks, farmers and crafts markets for certified Mexican vendors and some reciprocal site in Mexico for local American goods typical of the border region. These many sites and the key crossings would be joined by a system of fences and water features and be administered like the TVA with a large role for Homeland Security.
2. Large scale guest workers programs to certify workers for the various industries should be put in place and administered fairly independently.
3. I also favor a system of fines and fees related to immigration which will directly fund a program to help people return home and make a difference in their home towns, help real refugees to take a strict path towards citizenship and create a humane and organized system of detainment centers through which all those detained would pass and be examined and have their health and other results recorded permanently.
4. I favor a policy which really and honetly blends an openly chauvinist policy of promoting American interests and an increase in foreign aid.
So that is where I stand on the imigration situation in theory. In practice I just mostly watch things disintegrate into the new barbarism in this as in many other areas of our society’s future.