1.The Phillies beat the Yankees at Yankee Stadium last night. In the Fall Classic we use the word shut-out but seldom words like “lopsided”, “trounced”, “slammed” or “routed”. Since such terms or not customary why should I use them. Lee may have surrendered to the Yankees at the little village of Appomattox Courthouse but last night a Lee reminded another set of Yankee of some earlier episodes in that war of the 1860s.
2. Sarah, Kevin, Alyse, Anika and Soren have gone on a tip which is part mission trip, part public relations, part musician on tour and part family vacation. These are the events that are so much part of the warp and woof of my life but I still miss and worry. But I would not choose for none of my extended family to travel extensively.
3. My brother Joseph is attempting to move another house for he and Brooke here to Big Woods from Gueydan. That will make an easier transition for the marriage.
4. NASA launched the Ares rocket in a fairly successful test flight yesterday. THis vehicle will play an important role in NASA’s plans for future spaceflight if those plans are pursued.
5.One of the people who made an impact on my life and whom I have since fallen out of touch with has become involved with a number of projects I liked when I found them googling her name. I am posting the links for those projects here.: http://artists-first.net/ is a distributing outlet for musicians. Then there is a Save Darfur outreach titled fo a Jon Lennon song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEjUQ15lyzk The actual web page eludes me just now. It is also dated because even though I signed it it is a group urging the Bush administration to act. The third thing that this person has become involved in is a charity for young people involving music and based in Los Angeles: http://www.soundartla.org/donors.htm . I am not revealing her name or the circumstances of our meeting but I do recommend giving these things a good hard look. Some worthy stuff.
6. The Saints will be playing on Monday Night Football this week and are undefeated. I hope to watch and know it will be a worthy contest well produced for television. However, MNF is not what it used to be in its long reign of glory on ABC.
7. I think David Letterman’s prediction of Yankees sweep was conditioned his New York base but it was made odd by the fact that it was first aired after a Yankees loss in game one. However, the interview he did with the commissioner was good and contained excellent responses to questions about instant replay, steroids, hgh, the pace of play and playing in November.